Floating Homes

Photo of floating homes: Keeping your insurance needs above water

Our Advisors are Experienced Specialists when it comes to Ensuring that You have the Proper Coverage for Your Floating Home


Obtaining insurance on floating homes can be difficult, expensive and downright frustrating…but it doesn’t have to be.

Whether you live on a floating home or are planning to rent one, rest assured that you’ll be able to breathe easy by teaming up with a professional advisor from Brown & Brown.

We have extensive knowledge and experience in this unique market, and will design an insurance plan that fits your particular needs.



Types of Coverage Available for Floating Homes includes, but is not limited to:

Home Structure (Building)

Personal Property

Perils of the Sea (excluding tidal waves)

Fire, Wind, Hail, Lightning, Aircraft Damage,
Riot, Vehicle Damage,
 Explosion and Smoke

Vandalism and Malicious Mischief


Glass Breakage

Additional Cost to Rebuild Due to
Enforcement of Building Laws

Accidental Discharge or Overflow
of Water from Plumbing

Replacement Cost (for both
Building and Contents)

Damage from Watercraft

Damage to Owned Small Watercraft

Flotation (Concrete Barge, Styrofoam,
Fiberglass, etc.)

Debris Removal

Reimbursement for Alternate Living
Expenses While Home is Being Repaired 

Personal Liability 

Personal Property Covered Worldwide



For more information on FLOATING HOME INSURANCE, please contact:


Elizabeth Lutz
Personal Lines Practice Leader
Direct Ph: (206) 676-8126